Saturday 26 April 2008

The Days All Merged Into One

Not enough hours in the day to keep this blog maintained!

Thursday was bus shopping day! A trip to Chepstow in the morning gave me a chance to peruse some more Mercedes 709D's. N963 NAP looked promising but too small to justify its acquesition! On to Devon and another Dart has joined the fold (L718 JUD), a forty seater for the Gloucester services. It drove back from Devon without any problems whatsoever even though a 50mph journey behind it on the M5 was a little tedious. After arrival at the depot, the pleasant task of vinyl stripping began prior to sanding down and repainting. The first vinyl to go was the rear advert for a care service in Torbay that I had now read so many times! The bus was collected from Winkleigh where many First vehicles are in storage (mainly Dennis Lances and Darts). It also happens to be the site of a large vintage vehicle collection that took and hour to get round with our impromptu guided tour! The Mercedes Vario that I had gone to see had been stripped of too many parts and so I quickly walked away from it!

Friday gave me the chance to drive routes 11 and 241 again. Starting them off myself and then being joined by route learners until I left them to it. I was collected from Gloucester at 13:00 and returned to Nailsworth HQ. Just time to load the new destination software and read the instruction book before hometime! H430 EFT and H431 EFT now have working destination kits but due to an access code problem L118 HHV now does'nt! Must phone for help on Monday!

Saturday is usually a quiet day for me and today was indeed no different! A little bit of paperwork in the morning and away by lunch time!

No comments: